25.12.08

cold winter days

"During these days a feeling of awe crept over me. My memory worked with startling power. The ominous, the insignificant, the great, the small, the wonderful, the commonplace--all appeared before my mental vision in magical succession. Pages of my history were recalled which had been so long forgotten that they seemed to belong to a previous existence. I heard all the voices of the past laughing, crying, telling what I had heard them tell in many corners of the earth."

-Joshua Slocum
Sailing Alone Around the World

3 comments:

Julie said...

Nice quote! Are you stuck at the Denver airport trying to get home?? I hope you have safe travels and a great Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Echolalia: the study of song.

Luke, thanks for I Like You by Miss Amy Sedaris. So sweet.

Post-script: You left a ham sandwich in my car.
It was delicious.

Anonymous said...

;)