It's against the law to talk on phones when driving in japan.
I knew this, and believe it or not, was stopped on the side of the road for 99% of my conversation.
But that 1%, the 10 seconds it took for me to say sayonara, got me in trouble with the fuzz.
They were pleasant during our encounter, and figuring this will be my only close encounter with the local authorities, I got a couple of pictures. Remember if you will, cops don't carry guns in japan. They all have electric stun guns. Anything with bullets is locked in a safe in the middle of the police headquarters.
These guys just have extensive training in self defense and looking menacing. That later part they could use some more work on if you ask me.
Just in case your wondering. The fine for talking and driving is about $60. Anti-cool.
18.6.08
guess who got a ticket
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well done Lukerella. We had a family bet on when you would be dealing with the authorities. My guess was during your first two weeks in Asia. Thanks for holding out. Did you use the line I sent you.."No need to use the stun gun sir, I am already stunning enough." Let me know how that worked.
Patton
A ten minute keitai conversation:
400 yen
A liter of gasoline:
170 yen
Taking photos while getting a ticket?
Priceless.
Post a Comment