
Its stormy right now. Slightly cool, lightning every once in a while and a good bit of thunder. I have always enjoyed these type of summer storms. Back after Ryan and I first got our licenses, we'd drive out into the countryside on some dirt road, with a pint of ice cream apiece,
and watch the storms, thunder, lightning and all, roll in from the back of either mine or his pick-up. One time doing such, a sheriff pulled up and searched us for alcohol....much to his surprise he found none, and it took us awhile to convince him we weren't up to anything sinister.
Tomorrow will mark the beginning of a second year for me in Japan. From what I hear, they say the second year is over before you know it, and understandably so. First and foremost I am able to communicate far better than I did when I first arrived. I more or less know whats coming. I know of things, events and places I'm already looking forward to seeing and doing. I'm more confident in my purpose here and what I can accomplish professionally and personally. Theres a great deal to look forward to and I'm very glad to be here.
A year ago I couldn't imagine what I'd be doing now. Yet now, I can't stop thinking about what I'll be doing after this. 
In other news, today, a good friend of mine arrived in Tokyo for his first day as an ALT here in Japan. I met Clint years ago. He and Josh went to Junior High together and I met him when we both attended Lubbock High. Some 3-4 years later, Clint found the Outdoor Pursuits Center, the place I worked throughout most of University. We got to do a couple of trips together and as I graduated he was hired on. I'm not exactly sure where Clint will be placed in the country, I know its closer to the incredible Nagano mountains rife with backpacking trails.....this is exciting.
After one year, this will be my 56th commentary on life here. I started this on a whim and writing has been a lot more fun than I imagined it would. Thanks for staying tuned in and I'll do my best to keep yall entertained for the second half of this Little Blogerella.
29.7.07
(#56) Summer Thunder
Labels:
old friends,
shinji
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thats awesome about clint
i had no idea
i bet the two of you hook up for some outdoorsy trips for sure
One word: Japanophile.
Post a Comment