One of my first favorite aspects of Shinji Junior high when I first arrived here was the art. It took about a week before I realised it was there, but since it's been a daily pleasure when I walk the halls of this old grey and drab building. There's about 25 in all. I dont think any are famous and most are originals. They range several different artistic genres and I like just about all of them.
I've been trying to figure a way to show yall just what I'm talking about. Instead of posting a blog with 20 some odd pictures, I added a new element to the right in which I'll irregularly change the images. Under the title Shinji Hall Art.
What inspired this whole mess is this paining in particular.
Its the newest addition and replaced a weird picture of a couple in a park with their hearts missing.
I like it for several reasons. First, its a ground level view of Shinji-chugakko's "courtyard". Second, I just think its well done. Lastly, it was a gift from Suizu-sensei, our Art teacher who departed for a different school last month.
He is a real nice guy, did not speak much (really to anyone) and wore a nice 3 piece suit to school everyday. I guess you could I was surprised to see his name on this. Its a horrible stereotype, but I usually picture the artists of whose work I enjoy as eccentric, disheveled and twitchy.
18.4.07
Those Decked Halls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment