21.10.06

Party of nana


These folks range from a 35 year old mother of three to an 82 year old retired english teacher.

After I returned from a little soccer scrimmage south of Shinji today, I went to eat dinner with my community center adult english students. They treated me to a fantasic meal, beer, karaoke and quite stimmulating conversation. We brushed the topics of religion, LOST, why I don't have a girlfriend, star constelations and how some raw fish, when eaten with pickled ginger, can kill you. I did't follow that last topic too well.

A great end to a another great day here in the land of the rising sun.

1 comments:

Ashuri said...

this is such a great shot...gotta say...I am beginning to enjoy making large groups of Japanese people pose for photos with me.
Granted, after an enkai, most teachers are happy to do it, but I wonder if they know how we display them for our friends and family...or if they would care.
I guess I wouldn't mind if a Japanese person asked a group of Gaijin I was a part of to pose for a shot with them. Actually, that HAS happened! Many times!
At least the teachers are friends, and not complete, objectified strangers. I don't think I have photos with people I don't like. Am i rambling? Jeez. Anyway, this was all meant to say, "sweet pic, bro."